Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Oil
The Amaranth is part of the Amaranthaceae family. Due to the fact that their seeds are very small and contain very little oil, many are engaged in its production. The oil has a very high content of squalene and provides optimal care in treating dry and irritated skin types. It contains lipids that are similar to that contained in the skin and helps to regenerate and strengthen the natural lipid layer.
Furthermore, Amaranth oil absorbs ultraviolet rays and reduces the stress induced by the light. It's is a very strong antioxidant, due to its high content of tocopherols. It has an anti-inflammatory effect on psoriasis vulgaris.
Thanks to the composition that is similar to skin, amaranth oil can penetrate the skin, thereby hydrating and maintaining its natural equilibrium.
- absorbs quickly
- moisturizing & lipid regulating, ideal for dry and irritated skin types
- slightly anti-inflammatory, beneficial for psoriasis
- strengthens the skin's lipid layer
- absorbs UV rays and reduces light-induced stress
- promotes skin regeneration
see Heike Käser 2010, "Naturkosmetische resources", Linz, Freya Verlag, 3rd Edition 2012