This plant originating from the Equisetum family is one of the oldest plants on Earth. The common horse tail has astringent, cell renewing and hemostatic properties. Due to the high content of silicic acid, the skin's metabolism is stimulated and the connective tissue becomes firmer and slightly dewatered. This plant may even be of help to wounds that take a while to heal. In cosmetic products, it helps to provide the skin with moisture due to the content of minerals. Common horse tail is recommended for normal to dry skin types, sensitive and easily inflammed skin, as well as eczema and atopic dermatitis.
- astringent & cell renewing
- stimulates the metabolism, strengthens connective tissue
- healing & haemostatic
- moisture binding
- ideal for dry, sensitive & inflammed skin types
- ideal for treating atopic dermatitis & eczema
see Heike Käser 2010, "Naturkosmetische resources", Linz, Freya Verlag, 3rd Edition 2012
Products with Common Horsetail.
- Composed of 12 plant extracts
- Without alcohol