- Use as a plant dye additive
- Rich in tannins & flavonoids
- 100% natural
- $8.48 ($8.48 / 100 g)
All prices excl. VAT. Excludes delivery costs
Delivery on Tuesday, 04 May: Order today until 13:00.
Our Services at Ecco Verde Online Shop
- Free delivery in United States
- Delivery with DHL Express
- Cash in Advance
The roots of the alkanet contain tannins, flavonoids, surfactant-like substances and alkannin, a red-violet pigment that was used to dye textiles and food in Ancient Times.
Alkanet powder places a light violet shade on the keratin layer of the hair and, depending on the colouring process used, can give the hair different colour results:
- Acidic basis: mahogany-red tones
- Alkaline basis: cool blue-violet tones
Depending on the colour result that you are aiming for, it is important to select the right ingredients. An acidic base calls for the addition of vinegar and lemon juice to the water, whereas to create a more alkaline mixture would require adding baking soda to the water.
The powder blends well with red henna (Lawsonia). Additives such as hibiscus blossom powder, madder powder or sandalwood powder can lend grey hair a visibly cooler red touch.
- It is not advised to use the pure alkanet powder on its own, as a more inhomogeneous paste is formed that makes it more difficult to apply. Therefore it is recommended to use the powder as an additive instead.
- Alkanna Tinctoria Root Powder
Information about Herbal Hair Colors & Powders
Questions & Answers about Phitofilos Pure Alkanet Powder
| || ||16||(69%)|
| || ||5||(21%)|
| || ||1||(4%)|
| || ||0||(0%)|
| || ||1||(4%)|
1 customer review in English
11 customer reviews in all languages
Free delivery in United States
A minimum of 1 free sample
We deliver worldwide to
more than 90 countries
with SLL encryption technology