- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee punctual delivery of your order before Christmas. Our tip: Printable Gift Certificates
Le Erbe di Janas Alkanna
Natural dyeing properties
- Red tones
- Nourishes & strengthens
- Suitable for use on skin prone to atopic dermatitis
- $9.58 ($9.58 / 100 g)
All prices excl. VAT. Excludes delivery costs
Only 2 items in stock - Limited stock available
Our Services at Ecco Verde Online Shop
- Free delivery to United States from $150.00 *
- Delivery with DHL Express
- Cash in Advance
Alkanna is an evergreen shrub and belongs to the Boraginaceae family. It softens the hair for a silky finish and nourishes it in combination with oils that it is mixed with. Use as a standalone product or mixed with clays or other herb powders to form a mask for skin prone to atopic dermatitis and psoriasis.
Red-violet depending on the pH value of the base:
- Violet dye that varies the hue according to the pH: adding an acidic substance (such as lemon juice or vinegar) results in pinker shades while adding about 4 grams of bicarbonate (every 100 g of powder - corresponding to two of the1 ml scoops) you will get blue/purple shades.
- If used alone, the dyeing power of Alkanna is not very high and does not last; for this reason, it can be mixed with Cold Red Henna, to enhance its cherry-colored reflections and obtain an even colder red!
- Mix the powder with vegetable oil (castor, jojoba, almond oil or a mix of these is recommended).
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes in hot water or for 48 hours at room temperature.
- Alternatively, you can opt for cold maceration, putting the Alkanna powder mixed with the oil in a tightly closed jar, to be kept for 40 days in the dark, and shake at least 2-3 times a week.
- Use as a hair mask or add to a henna paste. Alkanna can also be mixed with water when used in combination with henna, however, this will lessen the intensity of the colour.
- It is advised to avoid mixing the powder alone with water.
- As a face mask, it is recommended to mix it with clays and/or other herbs, to avoid unpleasant colours.
- Do not let the mask dry, but keep it moist by dispensing water or aromatic waters onto the skin.
- Alkanna Tinctoria Root Powder