Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract
This oil comes from the seeds of the black elderberry shrub of the family Caprifoliaceae. It is usually a by-product of elderberry juice production. It is characterized in cosmetics for its anti-inflammatory and soothing effect and is ideal for the care of sensitive, blemished or atopic skin. In addition, it effectively strengthens the barrier functions of the skin. It stabilizes the lipid layer of the skin and makes it soft and supple. Even with joint problems, elderberry seed oil, applied pure, should reduce inflammation and swelling. This oil is very light and non-greasy and is therefore ideal for the care of oily, blemished skin. Dry skin also benefits from its nourishing, regenerative properties.
- strong cell regenerative properties; cell-activating
- anti-inflammatory and skin soothing, even in atopic dermatitis
- particularly quickly & easily absorbed, non-greasy
- ideal for oily, blemished skin
- also ideal for rejuvenating dry, sensitive skin
see: Heike Käser 2010 "Natural Cosmetic Raw Materials", Linz, Freya Verlag, 3rd Edition 2012