Skincare Routine with 100% Pure
4 easy steps to an effective skincare routine
100% Pure offers 4 selected products for an easy-to-follow skincare routine.
The skincare product industry is huge and extensive. Many of the products on the market can be viewed as nice-to-have items. However, oftentimes, a less-is-more approach to skincare is more effective. It can be challenging to find the perfect skincare product that benefits your individual skin type. Complicated skincare routines are not all they are cracked up to be. A simple 4-step regimen can work wonders. The most important thing to note: know your own skin type.
Identify your skin type
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly.
- Do not apply any additional products to the skin for the next hour.
- Take notes of the condition of your skin after the hour has lapsed and compare them with the descriptions below.
- Try to categorise your skin as close to one of the listed skin types.
- Normal skin: fine-pored, velvety and rosy with a soft, supple feel.
- Dry skin: skin that has started to take on an unpleasant taut-like sensation - even a reddened appearance - during the waiting period. The complexion may also show flaky patches and fine lines.
- Blemished and/or oily skin: oily and shiny complexion paired with impurities or pimples. Pores appear larger on blemished skin types.
- Combination skin: shiny T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) that appears slightly oily and has rather visible pores while the cheeks feel tight and look a bit red.
- Sensitive skin: appears irritated in many areas, red and unpleasantly taut.
- Mature skin: wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and forehead. The skin appears rather dry and dull.
Cleansing - toning - moisturising - and sun protection: 4 simple steps
A facial cleanser basically has only one task: to gently remove dirt, excess sebum and make-up from the skin. Natural cleansers have the advantage of being free of aggressive additives and irritating chemicals, but it is advisable to adapt the cleansing routine to your own skin type.
- Normal skin is a fairly unproblematic skin type and can be optimally cleansed with a gentle gel or foam.
- Dry skin needs particularly gentle products that do not further dehydrate the complexion and nourish it during cleansing. The product of choice, in this case, would be the Argan Oil Creamy Cleanser.
- Oily/blemished skin can be cleansed with a light, alcohol-free product. Ideal would be one with additional clarifying, balancing properties, such as the Charcoal Clay Cleanser or the Clear Complexion Tea Tree Cleanser.
- Combination skin is a particularly demanding skin type, as it has two needs to be met simultaneously. A balancing foam that provides intensive cleansing action without drying out the skin.
- Sensitive skin needs a mild cleanser like the Cucumber Cloud Foam Cleanser.
- Mature skin, on the other hand, needs more time for regeneration and is optimally cleansed with a revitalising and nourishing product.
A facial toner, or tonic, is considered the absolute conditio sine qua non in skincare. It is a versatile product that not only removes dirt and make-up residues after cleansing but also moisturises the skin, prepares it for subsequent skincare products and balances the pH value.
Dry, sensitive and mature skin types benefit from a product with intensive hydration.
Oily and blemished skin types are best advised to use a regulating toner.
A classic toner suitable for all skin types that gently cleanses, moisturises and tones the skin is the Rose Micellar Cleansing Water.
Every skin needs moisture and hydration, but not every skin type needs the same amount of both. Oils are basically hydrophobic (insoluble in water) but can provide optimal moisture balance because they supply the skin with important lipids to support the skin's natural protective barrier. The lipids contained in oils retain moisture in the skin and are particularly ideal for dry skin. However, if the skin still feels dry after using an oil-based care product, it is probably dehydrated - this is not a skin type, but a temporary condition. This can be remedied by supplying the skin with moisture/water - with a water-based skin care cream and intensively moisturising additives, such as hyaluronic acid.
Even when moisturising, attention should be paid to ensuring that the skin also receives the nutrients it needs.
Oily, blemish-prone skin is best treated with a light, water-based cream.
Dry and mature skin (not dehydrated skin) should be pampered with an oil-based, rich cream.
Normal and combination skin needs balanced formulas that moisturise without being greasy. Green Tea EGCG Concentrate Cream is a perfect choice.
4. UV Protection
Last, but not least: remember to apply sunscreen! UV protection is essential and should be part of a beauty routine. It protects against free radicals and harmful rays, which are the main cause of premature skin ageing. In addition, using sunscreen can not only prevent the signs of skin ageing but also plays an important role in preventing sunburns and reducing the risk of skin cancer.
The information in this article is for educational purposes and is not intended to be, and should not be used as, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- 3.8 (13)
100% Pure Green Tea SPF 30, 83 ml
- Suitable for all skin types
- Protects against UV rays
- Moisturises & soothes
- 4.2 (12)
100% Pure Organic Argan Oil Creamy Cleanser, 100 ml
$40.48 ($404.83 / l)
- For dry skin types
- Moisturising effects
- Enhances skin radiance
Delivery by June 14
- 3.8 (5)
100% Pure Rose Micellar Cleansing Water, 210 ml
$37.98 ($180.87 / l)
- For all skin types
- With soothing properties
- Hydrating care
Delivery by June 14
- 4.6 (7)
100% Pure Restorative Sea Culture Hydrating Toner, 118 ml
$44.48 ($376.98 / l)
- Suitable for dry skin
- Contains minerals from the ocean
Not available at the moment
Discover Ecco Verde:
Free delivery in United States
Get at least 1 free sample
Delivery in 3 business days.
More than 21.100 products