- Product features:
Menstruation Cup - Practical, Hygienic, Underestimated
Even though the menstrual cups have been around for decades, not many woman are aware of their existence.
Menstrual cups are bell-shaped feminine hygiene products that are inserted into the vagina to collect menstrual fluid. Depending on the model, the menstrual cup is able to collect up to 30 ml of menstrual fluid.
The first patented model was registered by an American in the 30's. However, it has only gained popularity in during the last few years. Menstrual cups have ecological, financial and health benefits.
Menstrual cups have several benefits:
- They offer protection against spillage and are completely invisible
- When used correctly, the cup has a lifespan of 10 years.
- Unlike the case with tampons and sanitary towels, menstrual cups do not contaminate the environment.
- Overtime menstrual cups are more affordable than tampons and sanitary towels because one uses the same item over a prolonged period of time.
- Menstrual cups are made from medical silicone that is free from any toxins, therefore the body is not exposed to any foreign materials. Tampons are often bleached and contain other problematic substances.
Menstrual cups will not cause vaginal dryness. A quarter of the fluid substances absorbed by tampons is natural vaginal secretions. When a menstrual cup is used, the natural pH value of the vagina is maintains and irritations are prevented. Therefore, these nifty feminine hygiene cups are a great alternative for those who suffer from allergies, infections or fungi.
- The menstrual cup can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time. Once the time limit is exceeded or the cup is full, simply empty and insert again. It's that easy!
- No more forgetting to take along a supply of tampons and sanitary towels.
Directions for Use
Fold the upper part of the menstrual cup and insert into the vaginal. It will unfold itself and attach to the vaginal wall. Several techniques on inserting the menstrual cup can be found on the internet. When the cup is inserted properly it will not slip out because it is held in place be the vaginal muscles and due to a partial vacuum that is formed. The menstrual cup is removed, emptied, rinsed and inserted into the vagina again. Generally, emptying the menstrual cup twice a day is sufficient. Therefore, these practical cups can be worn when you retire for the night. Menstrual cups are flexible and comfortable enough to use while sporting and exercising.
As you can tell, menstrual cups are a true game-changer and excellent alternative to conventional tampons and sanitary towels.
Now you can browse our range of menstrual cups by clicking here.