- Product features:
- 100% environmentally friendly
- Completely plastic-free
- Glass container & aluminum
Effective oral hygiene takes time and patience, and with the right tools, you are well on your way to healthy teeth and strong gums.
- Using the right tools (toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss and mouthwash) is only half the battle. One needs to adopt an effective toothbrushing technique. If you haven't mastered the most efficient technique yet, we have you covered:
- Start by cleaning the gums and brushing down towards the teeth. Never brush in a horizontal fashion.
- Follow a systematic toothbrushing technique to ensure that all areas of the oral cavity are cleaned.
- Light pressure only. If you press too hard while brushing the gums start to recede exposing the root surface. This can also damage the dental enamel.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, one to three times a day, ensuring that the outer and inner surface of the teeth is attended to.
- Use dental floss regularly to effectively clean the interdental spaces.
Manual toothbrushes are just as effective at cleaning teeth and gums as are their electronic counterparts. Whichever toothbrush you prefer to use depends on your preference.
Toothpaste supports the cleaning effect of toothbrushes, aiding in the removal of bacterial dental plaque. Natural toothpaste is free from any potentially harmful ingredients, PEGs, sodium lauryl sulphates and triclosan.
According to the current state of scientific research, fluoride is still viewed as the most important agent when it comes to the prevention of caries.
Yet, there are those who swear by using fluoride-free toothpaste. When swallowed in very high doses it can be detrimental to one's health. However, studies have shown that toothpaste containing fluoride does not pose any sufficient risk in that regard. Only when consuming in large amounts over a span of years health problems may arise.
Whether you choose a toothpaste with or without fluoride it entirely up to you. At Ecco Verde you will find a range of toothpaste with or without fluoride.