Working From Home With Pukka
Balance and productivity
When seated in one position for a prolonged period of time, especially when slouched in front of a laptop, the body becomes stiff and the muscles begin to ache.
- Stand up and move around the room at regular intervals. Integrate small exercising sessions into your workday or use the time to do some stretching whilst making a cup of tea.
- Set a timer as a reminder to take short breaks to exercise. Also, check your posture regularly and correct it when necessary.
- Herbal favourites for the physically active: turmeric root and ginger are the heroes of the Organic Turmeric Active and Three Ginger Organic Herbal Teas, as well as the Organic Ginger Joy Latte and Organic Turmeric Active Supplements.
Find a suitable routine and spread out your working hours to stay relaxed: a set routine helps to manage stress and anxiety whilst defining work and leisure time.
- Start your day at around the same time every day (an ideal time is 7 am) and awaken your mind with a few minutes of meditation. A 20-minute walk or a few sun salutations can do wonders to ground the mind and recharge the body.
- Schedule in set meal times to support digestion, giving your body time to adjust to them.
- Plan out your work tasks each day. Stay realistic in this aspect, splitting them up into smaller tasks. This will make the day more manageable and allows you to celebrate small successes.
- A little ritual can help to separate your workday from your leisure time, especially since there is no need to commute to work. Tidy up your workspace and put the laptop away, especially if you are working from your bedroom or living room.
- Companion for a strong mind: Ashwagandha root is highly valued in India. It is contained in the Organic Night Time and Peace Herbal Teas as well as the Organic Night Time Latte. The Organic Aswagandha Wholistic Food Supplement contain high-quality, organic ashwangandha powder and iodine that calms the nerves.
Get sufficient sleep
Despite the current situation, it is advised to follow a regular sleep routine and wake up at the same time each day. The most important factor pertaining a regular sleeping pattern is sunlight - as soon as it hits the retina it sends a signal to the body indicating that it is time to take action.
- Exposure yourself to as much sunlight as possible in the morning. If it is not possible to enjoy the outdoors, open the window and bathe in the morning sunrays.
- Avoiding consuming large meals in the evening that deprive the body from sleep. Switch off the television, mobile devices or any other electronic gadgets. The blue light keeps you awake artificially. Instead, opt for a good read, listen to music or write a few lines in a journal.
- Herbal heroes for a peaceful slumber: Lavender, chamomile and valerian naturally lulls the body to sleep. The Organic Night Time Herbal Tea, Organic Night Time Latte and Organic Night Time Food Supplements are great for boosting sleep naturally.
Working from home means that we spend more time in front of a laptop screen because we aren't taking breaks to chat to a colleague or attend a meeting. Small mini breaks can help your mind stay focused and keep stress levels low.
- Now is a good time to explore new ways of managing your time. For example, have you ever heard of the pomodoro technique? It suggests working with the time that we have instead of fighting against it. Productivity is boosted when splitting the workday into 25-minute increments with 5-minute breaks.
- Plants & herbs for clear thoughts: Tulsi is supposed to create space in all the hustle and bustle of every day life and is therefore considered a sacred component in India. The Organic Tulsi Clarity Tea unfolds into an aromatic delight. For enhanced clarity and focus, turmeric and iodine have been combined in the Organic Turmeric Brainwave Food Supplement which contributes to the normal functioning of the cognitive system.
Keep your digestion going
Our digestion, or more precisely, the microbiome, has an impact on our overall well-being. Ayurvedic teaching has been familiar with this connection for thousands of years. Ayurvedic teachings have always looked at the digestive tract of its patients in order to be able to draw conclusions about their general well-being.
- We now know that 70% to 80% of our immune cells are located in our digestive tract. That makes sense because, after all, we ingest the majority of foreign particles with the food we consume, etc. The natural bacterial community in the intestine, our microbiome, helps with digestion, fights pathogens and trains our immune system. So by strengthening our digestive tract, we also support our immune system.
- Herbs for a “happy belly”: Anise, fennel and cardamom are ideal for a fresh start and the heroes in the Organic Feel New Herbal Tea. Triphala is an Ayurvedic three-fruit recipe composed of amla, bibhitaki and haritaki, and is highly valued in Ayurveda. The Organic Triphala Plus Food Supplement complements it with the likes of psyllium husks and golden linseed to gently support the inner system.
Caffeine - swap coffee for green tea
Caffeine doesn't have to be bad for us as long as we pay attention to the source we get it from.
Most of us are faced with a high level of stress in our daily lives. When we feel tired or drained - often as a direct result of all the stress - we often resort to coffee for an energy boost. However, high doses of caffeine and other stimulating substances in coffee can cause the body to produce more stress hormones and make our stress response even stronger.
No matter which resolutions appeal to you, remember that you can always set small, achievable goals for yourself every day. Imagine that your purpose is a seed that you have sown. You firmly believe that it will germinate and flourish.
Even if your long-term goal is unclear, completing these small tasks on a daily basis will help amplify positivity, clarity, and confidence in the direction that you are moving towards.
Remember, this is about reconnecting with yourself. So take the time to do what makes you happy.
Discover Ecco Verde:
Free delivery in United States
Get at least 1 free sample
Delivery in 3 business days.
More than 21.250 products